The SpinPoi Code of Conduct sets out the behaviors and standards expected from Certified SpinPoi Instructors while acting under the SpinPoi name. The Code of Conduct is built on the recognition that everything a Certified SpinPoi Instructor does will be measured against the highest possible standards of ethical business conduct. By offering services as a Certified SpinPoi Instructor, you are agreeing to always:
- Treat others with dignity and respect at all times, including your clients, family members and representatives, and other staff members.
- Respect each individuals cultural, linguistic and religious preferences and background.
- Provide services with empathy and sensitivity, without exploitation, abuse, discrimination or harassment.
- Recognize that every client is an individual with their own history, narrative, and unique cultural identity, and has their own individual needs, inclusive of those with complex or more specialized needs.
- Act professionally, ethically, and honestly at all times.
- Deliver reliable, high quality, and personalized services that revolve around the best interests of the client.
- Be aware of the appropriate professional boundaries in providing services to your clients, and act at all times to protect the boundaries of the professional relationship.
- Maintain confidentiality of any personal or sensitive client information.
- Do not provide services while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Understand the importance of effective communication and communicate openly and honestly with clients and their family members or representatives.
- Maintain and keep up to date all qualifications, police checks, licenses, and/or registrations required to provide services as a Certified SpinPoi Instructor.
- Before providing services, clearly understand the individual client or organization’s desires and expectations.
- Ensure you come prepared with all of the necessary tools and equipment for each session (i.e. poi, portable music player) and/or laisse with the individual client or organization about what they will provide.
- Create a plan for the delivery of each and every service which accounts for the flexibility necessary in order to adapt to changing or unexpected circumstances during service delivery.
- Be highly aware of time management during the service. This includes arriving prior to the start time of your service in order set up the space, connect with appropriate staff, etc., keeping track of time during the service, and concluding the service in a timely manner.
Health & Safety
- Always act with due diligence in regard to the health, safety and the wellbeing of yourself and your clients.
- Execute services safely and in accordance with the appropriate standards and relevant legislation relating to health care service provision.
- Only provide services that you are capable and qualified to provide.
- Immediately report any form of abuse or neglect of a client to the relevant authority.
- Immediately report any accident or incident to the appropriate emergency service (e.g. Police, Fire, Ambulance) and/or regulatory body (e.g. Health Care Complaints Commission, Department of Social Services), that occurs during service delivery.
- Document all details of any accident/incident (via appropriate forms or progress note) that occur during service delivery.